Friday, February 27, 2009

Daily Makeup Routine

I am sitting here at my desk,with my morning cup of tea, waiting for my codes to compile while thinking: I wonder how the other girls/guys put on their makeup. This is as in in what order do you do your makeup. Foundation first? Eye makeup first? Lips first?

So, I decided to write about this topic today.

Do you think it matters which order you put your makeup on? I know it's just a personal preference thing, but I know people who strongly believes that makeup would look better if you put it on in certain orders.

Here's how I do mine:
  1. Start off with a clean face.
  2. Put on a thin layer of moisturizer.
  3. Let the moisturizer sink in for a couple of minute (this is when I start to think what eye color should I use today), then put on my foundation primer.
  4. Then I'll start with eye makeup. This way, I'll leave ample time for my primer to set before I apply on my foundation.
  5. For eye makeup, I'll start with a primer (Too Faced Eyeshadow Insurance and/or MAC paint pot or shadestick). Make sure the application is even.
  6. Then I'll do my brows. This will let my eye primer set first.
  7. After that, it's the eye shadows and eye liners.
  8. When that's done, I'll apply my foundation with a MAC #182 kabuki brush.
  9. This is follow with blush (if I'm in the mood for one).
  10. Then it's the mascara (this is a must for me, even if I do not have any makeup on).
  11. The last step would be a few spritz of MAC Fix+ to set the makeup and to freshen up my face. =)
Some of you might ask: why are you doing your eyes before your foundation? Well, I used to do my foundation first then follow by the eyes. Then one day, I decided to try something different (eyes first then foundation). And I find that the later one gives me a more flawless look. I find it easier to blend out the edges of my eyeshadow with the foundation to give it a flawless transition. And it's easier for me to pick up any pigment fall-outs too. Bear in mind that I do use mineral powder foundation. So, I'm not sure if this would work with liquid foundation tho.

So, how do you do yours? Do you follow a certain routine religiously?

0 comments:

Post a Comment