Lash Power mascara comes in Clinique's latest long wearing formula. While this mascara is not that new on the market anymore, there is still quite a hype for it. It vows to stay put without a smudge or a smear for as long as 24 hours. It'll last through rain, sweat, humidity and tears. Yet, easy enough to remove with plain warm water.
I know. All of these may sound really utopia-ish, and I don't really buy it at first. But, right after I tried it out for the first time, I know this is my new love. It will seriously last through everything that it just claimed. I've cried in this before, jogged in this before and even run through the rain in this before. And I live in Malaysia, it's like the most humid place you could ever find (well, maybe not the most, but it is very humid here). The mascara will not smudge or smear at all. Serious. To remove it, just wet a cotton pad with warm water, gently press on to the eye and then wipe away. Tada! The mascara will come off in little tiny pieces. This is because it's a tubing mascara (hence the little pieces), and it won't smear all over your eye area when you're removing it.
So, here's a breakdown on the pros and cons.
- Long wearing formula. This baby will not smudge or smear at all. I've never tried it for 24 hours yet, the longest I've tried is 15 hours and it didn't even flake a bit. But here's the catch. If you ever cry in this, do not rub your eyes. Rubbing it will cause the mascara to come off (cause your tears are warm, remember?). Just let it dry, and there will be in evidence you've ever cried. =)
- Super small brush lets you reach the tiniest lashes.
- The brush lets you coat lashes individually. So what does that mean? It means, not clumps! Wohoo!!
- Easy to remove, with just plain warm water.
- Lengthens lashes.
- While it does lengthens, there's still the volumizing department that is not working.
- Does not curl lashes that well. This wouldn't be an issue if you already have naturally curly lashes. But mine are stick straight.
Photo source: Clinique.com