Thursday, February 19, 2009

Review: M.A.C Prep + Prime Lash

This is part of M.A.C's Prep + Prime range. The Prep + Prime Lash is a white mascara-like-texture lash primer that dries down to a semi-clear color. M.A.C's website claims that it helps conditions the lashes while helping mascara lash longer.

It is one of the first mascara base that I've tried and to be honest, it's a love hate relationship. Yup, I'm a bit indifferent about this one. I'm usually quite sure about a product: on whether I don't like or absolutely love it. This is a tough one.

Nevermind me. Here's the breakdown of the good and the bad of this lash primer.

Pros:
  1. Applying mascara after coating the lashes with this is really smooth. Mascara glides on nicely.
  2. It doesn't give your lashes the brittle feel.
  3. Really lengthens the lashes. By a LOT. My short short lashes looks so long and full after using this.
  4. Easy to remove. Does not need a whole lot of rubbing. Just use a normal makeup remover and it'll just come off easily.
Cons:
  1. The brush that comes with this is not really the best lash brush out there. If you take a look at the brush, it does not distribute the product that evenly. So, it does take a bit of effort to apply it on evenly on all lashes.
  2. While it does lengthens tremendously, this primer does not hold curls that well. Even if I pre-curl my lashes with an eyelash curler, my lash will look stick straight after half an hour.
So, you're gonna ask, what's the verdict? It is definitely worth to give it a try and see if it works or not for yourself. This is definitely not my HG mascara base. I'm still on the search for another mascara base. In fact, I'm now trying a new one, which I will reveal and review in due time. =)

Have you used this before? What do you think about it then?


Photo source: M.A.C cosmetics

0 comments:

Post a Comment