Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer


If you're a makeup junkie (like me), you would have most probably heard of Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation primer. Now, Smashbox has come out with a brand new product call the Photo Finish Lid primer.
... creates the perfect canvas for eyeshadow application. Wear this universal shade under shadow to increase longevity, or create the perfect nude eye by applying over the lid for an even tone. The exclusive formula contains Phytomoist, a plant-based hyaluronic acid for ultimate moisturization and amino acids for skin-smoothing benefits. Soft focus pearls help diminish the appearance of fine lines on the lids while the patented Qusome delivery system ensures all ingredients penetrate the skin to deliver effective results. -- Sephora.com
From the product description, it does sound very promising. I enjoy using the foundation primer, so I have very high expectations for this one as well.

I have yet to stumble upon my HG eyeshadow primer. Would this be the one? Hopefully I'll be able to somehow figure out a way to get my hands on this and take it for a test drive.

For the rest of you who is lucky enough to have a Sephora or a Smashbox counter near you, go check this out and let me know what you think of it.

This product is currently a Beauty Insider Exclusive on Sephora.com.


Photo and info source: Sephora

6 comments:

Tine said...

Have you tried Too Faced's Shadow Insurance or the uber popular Urban Decay's Primer Potion? The Shadow Insurance works better for me as it's more matte than the UDPP, which is great for my super-oily lids :)

Vicky said...

Hi Tine.
Yes, I have tried TFSI and I like it. But it doesn't grab on to the colors as much as a MAC shadestick (IMHO). But a shadestick does crease on me sometimes, which in this case the TFSI does a better job. Haha. Yup, I'm picky when it comes to eye makeup.
I have yet to try UDPP cause unfortunately, we don't have UD counters or Sephora here. :(

Recent blog post: Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

hm I'm guessing ur not a fan of UDPP? It's HG for me lol

Vicky said...

^^^

LOL. I have nothing against UDPP. Just that I haven't tried it yet. There are no Sephora or UD counters here. But I've been wanting to try it. Well, maybe one day. =)

How the you overcome the whole genie bottle issue? Heard lots about that.

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

o man no sephora? o_O

um well, I depot the shadow like everyone else. It's a pain, but well worth it!

I'd order from Sephora asap (u won't believe until u try it- and i'm not trying to be corny lmao)

Vicky said...

^^^
Yup. No Sephora. Beat that. =( I was so used to Sephora when I was studying in the US. Now it's like part of me is gone (LOL. sounded so dramatic =P).
Let me know after you've tried it! =)

Post a Comment