Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Review: The Body Shop Facial Brush

Get a more radiant complexion with a soft-bristle face brush that gently loosens dead skin cells and impurities while stimulating the circulation. -- thebodyshop.com

I wanted to write a review about this like 2 weeks ago. But there was so much going on that I have to keep pushing this. So, now that I can squeeze some time in between the chaos, here's the long due review.

I actually "stumble upon" this product by accident. My brother got this as part of a The Body Shop gift set for Christmas (from one of my aunts). As both of us started wondering what we should do with it, I went online and "Goggle it". I was a bit skeptical, cause you'll be brushing plastic bristles on your face. Ouch! So, I let the bro bring it for a test run first. =P About a month (after he started using it), I realize his face started to clear up. There were less acne and post-acne marks were less obvious now. Basically his skin looks brighter. I asked him what did he change in his skin care routine. And according to him, he started using the facial brush that came with his Christmas prezzie. I was like "Wow! I NEED to try it.". So I took his and went off to my room to wash my face. Yes, just for the sake of trying it out. LOL. And the result is clear, smooth and brighter skin. It is THAT amazing. In fact, it is so good that I bought one for my mum and my dearest aunt. =)

The Body Shop facial brush features a small handle and the brush size is just nice to massage your facial cleanser on your face in small circular motion. The bristles are made of nylon and 100% vegetarian. If you look at it, the bristles might look harsh, but trust me, it is soft. Although the first time I used it, I can feel a slight scratch-y feeling, but after that, you don't feel it anymore. I was going to get the Clarisonic system, but held off cause of the price. I am so glad I found this, which is only RM12. And it's suitable for all skin type. Yay!

Pros:
  1. Soft bristles.
  2. Compact size that is perfect for traveling.
  3. Remove dead skin cells and even out skin tones, leaving you with baby-soft skin.
  4. Because of the circular motion when you use the brush, it helps blood circulation on your face. This is good as it'll promote skin cell to regeneration, giving it a healthier glow.
  5. Helps remove stubborn dirt and impurities on your skin.
  6. It comes with a plastic cover that protects the bristles when you put it in your bag and when you dry them.
  7. It's 100% vegetarian.

Cons:
  1. The tiny handle might not be the most ergonomic one. I wish it would be slightly bigger, to give me a better grip.

I cannot rave enough about this product. I would highly recommend this to everyone. I have sensitive skin and this does not irritate my skin at all.

Do you have a HG facial brush? Tempted to try this out?


Photo and info source: The Body Shop

4 comments:

mei said...

bought one after reading this review.. and i liked it so far! :)

Caramel Geek said...

Mei:

Yay! Glad to hear that you liked it as well. :)

Tine said...

Wow, I don't remember TBS facial brush to look like the one in the picture. Would that be a limited edition piece? I've never used it, as I use facial cellulose sponges to exfoliate my skin.

Oh, just to let you know what an idiot I was, I bought a brush very similar to this, only with a longer handle. I didn't realise it was for my face. I thought it was for my feet. When I used it to exfoliate my cracked heels, I thought "what sort of foot brush is this? Why are the bristles so soft??" It was only later that I found out it was for the face :P

Caramel Geek said...

Tine:

This is not limited edition. I got the pic from Body Shop's website, so I suppose this is how it is in the states. The one we have here (and in Singapore) does not have the golden thread lining at the handle. Other than that, they look exactly the same. =)

Post a Comment