Thursday, March 19, 2009

Review: M.A.C Hello Kitty Pigments

Yeah, this review is long overdue. But hey, better late than never eh? =) To those that have mailed me requesting for this review, sorry for the long wait.

M.A.C introduced/repromote two pigments in the Hello Kitty collection: Milk and Deep Blue Green. And I got them both (guilty!). The first time I went to get my kitty loot I only got Milk, cause I thought Deep Blue Green was gonna look plain black on me. So I didn't even bother swatching it in store. Then when I went to Singapore, and got too much time in my hands in the airport, I went to the duty free M.A.C store. They still have pretty much everything from Hello Kitty (shocker!). So I went and took a peek at Deep Blue Green. OMG! It is so pretty, well at least in the jar. Then I swatch it on the back of my hand, and it looks black to me. But I was determined to make it work and the BF said it's pretty unique. So I bought it. =P

Here's what I think about those two:

Milk: This is a limited edition pigment. It's a frosty sliver-ish pink. And when I say frosty, it is frosty with a capital F. It's great as an all over lid color or just to highlight the inner conner of your eyes. It's very pale and when applied dry, it gives you this really pretty wash of pale silver shimmer with a slight hint of pink. If applied wet, it gives this really pretty sliver pink color. I know a lot of people complained about the chuncky-ness of this pigment, but I don't find it chuncky at all. It might not be as fine a the Overrich pigments, but it is definitely not as chuncky at Frost pigment (which annoys me). In fact, I'm pretty okay with the texture, doesn't bother me at all.

Deep Blue Green: This is a Pro product, which means you can't get it at normal counters or store. So, this is a good chance for you to pick up this pigment without having to travel miles to a Pro store. In the jar, it look like a very deep blue with green sparkles in it. Very pretty. When swatched, it looks very similar to black. But I compared it with Carbon, it's no where near black. It's a super, super deep blue. Darker than Deep Truth, if you're wondering. The green sparkles in it is really pretty and this color would be great for a smokey eye look, or as an outer-V color. I paired this with Mutiny (both applied dry on Soft Ochre paint pot) and it is gorgeous. The blue in Mutiny really brings out the blue in Deep Blue Green. I used Mutiny all over the lid, Sliver Fog on the inner lid, Deep Blue Green on the outer lid and Femme Fi as highlight. And make sure you blend them well. I can't wait to paired this with a green color and see what difference would it make.

Overall, I'm very pleased with these two pigments. No regrets in getting the full jar. =)

6 comments:

ilyana said...

Ah I wanted to get Deep Blue Green for the longest time but then I got sidetracked by Moon River from the Grand Duos Collection, yikes!

Caramel Geek said...

I'm the exact opposite. I was eye-ing Grand Duo but got sidetracked by Deep Blue Green. =P

Szu Ling said...

I wonder if M.A.C. pays you. :P
By the way, the Tweezerman was good. :) It gets the job done without having you to use too much strength.

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

hm...i've never tried mac pigments. i have 2 from a random korean brand lMAO

Caramel Geek said...

Szu Ling:

LOL. MAC does not pay me at all. :)
Glad to hear that d tweezer is good. Will do u review on it once I tried it out.

Caramel Geek said...

PaintMeGorgeous:

Hi gal! =) Been reading your blog too.
I absolutely loveeee MAC pigments. Their color pay-off never lets me down and one jar can literally last you a life time. Well, except for maybe Blonde's Gold, which I use every other day. =P
I have yet to find pigments from other brands that are comparable to MAC's. But it would be great if I can find some other comparable pigments that are cheaper! =D

Post a Comment