Monday, March 2, 2009

Review: Origins Make A Difference

Rose of Jericho (a “resurrection” plant that can survive and thrive after decades of drought), cell-reviving Trehalose from corn sugar and Sea Haricots help skin rebound from dramatic dehydration. And a resourceful, ancient Oceanic Flora helps repair an aging appearance due to UV and environmental exposure. And Sage wisely rebuilds skin’s barrier to avert future damage. Used twice daily, wrinkled, weathered, potentially leathered skin resumes a youthfully-smooth look and feel. -- Origins.com
I received Origins' Make A Difference skin rejuvenating treatment as a gift from my aunt last year. After using it for 6 months, I'm still indifferent about it. It did not do much for my skin, but it didn't make it worse either. It's like my skin looks and feels just as how it was 6 months ago. Weird. I was actually expecting some positive changes, especially around my T-zone (I have slight combination skin). But nothing happened. Was a bit disappointed really.

Anyhow, here are some pros and cons that I've concluded about this product.

Pros:
  1. Gel like texture absorbs easily into the skin. Which means it would not give you additional unwanted oil. And does not leave behind any greasy residue.
  2. After application, it'll leave your skin feeling really smooth. Now, to me, that's the highlight of the product. I even asked my mom to touch my face and she felt the difference as well.
  3. It is slightly hydrating (not a whole lot though).
  4. It smells really nice. I don't really know how to discribe it, but it'll has a really calming effect and helps me relax after a hard day at work.
  5. You'll only need a tiny bit and the whole tub will last you a very long time. It lasted for 6 months for me.
Cons:
  1. Although I did say that it hydrates (a bit), most of the time, I still need to apply a bit of moisturizer on top of it around my mouth area. So, I find it a bit annoying.
  2. It comes in a tub. I know it might sound weird, but I always avoid skincare products that comes in a tub (rather than a pump or squeeze bottle). Products that come in a tub is more prone to bacteria and other contaminant. Each time you open the tub and stick you fingers into it, it's like contaminating it already.
Overall, it's a nice product, but not entirely great. Would I purchase it again myself? No. Just because it didn't actually do anything for me (hence I do not need it) and it comes in a tub. Plus, it's not that cheap either.

Have you tried the Origins' Make A Difference skin rejuvenating treatment before? What do you think about it?


Photo source: Origins.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment