Anyways, back to the review. Today, I'll be reviewing the Lancome's Virtuose Black Carat mascara.
Divine lasting curves, length and volume mascara.This elegant looking mascara sports a chunky, curved brush which looks a lot like M.A.C's Plush Lash minus the curve. The tube looks so nice, you'll feel like taking it out all the time in front of your girlfriends. =P Haha. It is being referred to as an all-in-one mascara that lengthens, volumizes, and curves lashes all day. Its easy glide formula is enriched with black essence pigments to give a deep, black result. And according to Lancome, the long-lasting formula is virtually smudge-proof, tear-proof and easily removable.
A Lancome first: Divinely lengthened, coluptuous curves. Silky glide. Pure Black Lashes.
Now. I've had the chance to try this out for 2 months already, and if you ask me, I'm not that impressed. I mean, they are claiming some serious stuff here: length, volume, curl, smudge proof and easy to remove. That's like my fantasy mascara. I have really high hopes for this baby when I ordered it from Sephora. But unfortunately, this pretty looking mascara fell short in a couple of areas.
- When they say black, they really mean black (with a capital B). The black essence pigment is really doing its job in this area. The mascara delivers a super black effect, one of the blackest I've ever tried. It'll give you the illusion of a set of full healthy lashes. No kidding.
- They promise volume and curl, they really deliver. This mascara adds in the extra omph that my lashes need and curls them at the same time. Bonus!
- Does not smell. Yes, some mascara smells funky even if they're fresh out of the box.
- Length? What length? Even my beloved Clinique Lash Power can do as good as this can. (This cost $23.50 while the tiny little Power Lash only cost $14.) Because this mascara comes from Lancome, I was actually looking for some serious length action. But it's just blah. There is length, but nothing exceptionally special.
- This mascara does smudge. Sad. After 6 hours of wear, I can see signs of black smudges under my eyes. This is like the number 1 thing that I absolutely cannot tolerate.
Have you tried this one before? What do you think about it?
Photo source: Lancome