Sunday, April 5, 2009

Review: L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream

Sorry that I haven't been posting for a couple of days already. And thanks to those of you that have been mailing me. Really appreciate it. It really means a lot to me. =) And now, here's a review of one of my favorite hand cream: L'Occitane Shea Butter hand cream.


A super-smoothing--and best-selling--synergy of 20% Shea Butter, honey and sweet almond extract, blended with the light and alluring aromas of jasmine and ylang-ylang essences. Texturally pleasing balm glides on and absorbs to help heal and protect dry or dehydrated skin. Anti-oxidizing vitamin E helps nourish. Invites even the most hard-working hands to a fresh beginning. -- loccitane.com

First of, I do not like hand creams. Why? Because I hate the feeling of icky sticky-ness, oily-ness on my hands all the time. I mean if the hand cream is oily and leave a residue, then it'll be all over the place: the door knob, my keyboard, the sink faucet etc. Not cool at all. But what to do when your hands are all dry and flakey? Thus, it has been my mission to find a perfect hand cream that will moisturizer my hands but not leave behind an oily residue. I've seek high and low, near and far. And finally, four years ago, I stumble upon L'Occitane's shea butter hand cream. This might have just been an act of fate. Serious. I didn't even buy it. It came in one of those toiletry pack in the hotels that I stayed in. And because it was a travel size one, so I just put it in my bag (and because it's free too =P). As soon as I start using it, I fell in love with it. It glides on smoothly and does not leave behind an icky residue at all. Nothing. And it is so moisturing that it can even fight the coldness and dry-ness of Michigan. Now, beat that. =)

And the smell, is heavenly. I can't stop smelling my own hands when I put this on. LOL. Yeah, I know it'll look weird, so I forced myself to stop doing that after a while. Hehe. It smells of sweet almond and a hint of honey in it. And the smell stays on for quite a while, which is a plus for me. Nothing too strong though. Just a hint of scent.

Here's a summary of what I think of this product:

Pros:
  1. Very hydrating. It'll hydrate and revitalize even the driest hands you can ever throw on it. Your hands will feel so smooth right after you apply this on.
  2. Does not leave behind any oily residue at all. Jackpot!
  3. Smells really good. And yummy too. But please do not eat it. =P
  4. Comes in various sizes, so you can pick up a huge one for home and office, and a small one to pop it in your purse.
  5. Contains Vitamin E, which good for your skin. And 20% super moisturizing Shea Butter.
  6. Jasmine and ylang-ylang is known to be able to help relax the body and mind.
Cons:
  1. Might be a bit too "moisturizing" for humid and hotter countries. Yes, this is true. I personally find it a bit too much for tropical countries, where you don't even need that much moisture in your hand cream. Most of you who live in hotter and more humid weather, might want to opt for a hand lotion instead.

Haven't got one? Go in store and try it on. I bet you'll love the scent and feel of it too. =)
Let me know what you think! And have a great week ahead.


Photo and info source: loccitane.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment