Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Review: M.A.C Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone


A light, oil-free emulsion that helps cloak visible pores while controlling oil and shine. Applies "wet" for a gentle micro-exfoliation: dries instantly to create an invisible, long-lasting natural matte finish. Ideal for the T-zone. -- maccosmetics.com

The Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone will be launched as part of the Color Ready collection this April in the US. However, for those of you who are in Asia, I believe this product is a permanent. Check with your local counter/store.

According to M.A.C, this "primer" will help control shine and minimize the appearance of enlarged pores. And throughout time, it's able to actually reduce the size of pores with continuous use. This is meant to be a spot primer. You'll only need to apply on where it's needed, and not the whole face. It does come in a small tube though (it's only 15 ML / 0.5 US FL OZ). So it might not be so economical to apply it on the entire face. The most common area that might need this is on the T-zone and maybe the chin as well.

I have been given a sample of this to take it for a test run and I've been using it twice a day for more than 3 weeks already. My verdict? I approve of this product. The product is of thin, liquid-y consistency and it is white in color. Now some of you might start to worry that it'll leave a white residue on your skin or it might feel sticky. Fear not. Once you spread this out, it becomes colorless and you won't even notice it's there. It might feel like you still have the "liquid" on, but let it set for a couple of seconds and it'll turn matte. This baby will help control the shine on your skin and makes it appear smoother.

With this on, I do notice that my nose is less oily/shiny throughout the day, and the enlarged pores on my nose are less noticeable. And after using it for more than 3 weeks, I can clearly say that the skin on my nose is slightly smoother than it was before. Now it's not a very obvious change, but since I use a magnifying mirror, I can see the difference from there. As for actual (real life) pore size, I haven't actually see a difference yet. I would definitely keep using this for another 3 months or so, then I'll be able to confidently say whether it works or not in terms of reducing the actual size of my pores.

There are two other products that will be coming out as part of the Prep + Prime range: Line Filler and Transparent Finish Powder. Can't wait to get my hands on those two too. =)


Photo source: M.A.C Cosmetics

4 comments:

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

i'm thinking of getting the transparent finish powder, and save it for when i'm done w/ my blot powder LOL

Caramel Geek said...

Gorgeous:

Me too! =) I have high hopes for that powder. In fact, I don't think I can wait till I finish my blot powder. LOL. I'll just use the blot powder for touch ups. =P

Svannah said...

Do you know when collections are released in Asia? I am currently living in Korea and when I receive an email from MAC about new collections I tend to have to wait two weeks before it is released in Korea...I normally have to go to a counter and ask when it will be released but sometimes the language barrier is difficult. If you have info about upcoming collection release dates in Korea...I would greatly appriciate the info. Thanks.

Caramel Geek said...

Hi Svannah.

Usually, collections will be release here in Malaysia and Singapore about a month later than in the US. So I would assume that's the case for the rest of Asia as well. Don't quote me on that tho.
Hmm...I'm not too sure about Korea. But if I ever find anything about that, you'll be the first one to know. =)

Post a Comment