Saturday, April 25, 2009

Review: M.A.C Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder

M.A.C's Color Ready collection came out at the same time as Sugarsweet here. I was able to check it when I went to get my Sugarsweet goodies two weeks ago.

The main stars of this collection are the prep + prime products. The eyeshadows are from the permanent range, so they didn't excite me that much. But I was really excited to check out all three of the prep + prime items. I already have the Prep + Prime Skin Refined Zone, so I only tried the other two out in store. The MA was kind enough to demonstrate the proper way of using both products, and I was really impressed with the effect in-store. So, I got both of them. =D Unfortunately, my counter was sold out of the Transparent Finishing powder. I was really dissapointed, cause that's probably the product that I'm most excited about from this collection. But my favorite MA was really nice and gave me a very generous sample. I was so happy to be able to take this home for a test run before purchasing a full size one. =)

Today's review will be on the Transparent Finishing Powder. I'll (hopefully) put up a review for the line filler by next weekend. I'm still not done testing out the line filler yet. =P

Anyways here's a photo of my lovely sample:


A silky finishing powder that provides an invisible way to set makeup. Reduces shine while optically minimizing the look of pores, lines, imperfections. Available in one universal colour that suits all shades. Wear over makeup or on bare, moisturized skin. -- maccosmetics.com
This is a white powder that feels really soft and silky. It contains corn starch, mica and silica. The nice soft powder is meant to blurs out skin imperfections while reducing shine. One full size jar contains 8 grams of product, which will last you quite a while, since you'll only need a wee bit each time.

Firstly, I am in love with this product. It is truly AMAZING. You can use it on its own or on top of you makeup to finish it (hence the name finishing powder). I can immediately see the difference on my face the first time I used this. It makes my skin looks flawless, even when I'm using it only on its own. Sometimes I'll just dust a little bit of it on my skin after moisturizer and I'm ready to go.

I know the powder looks really white in the jar (and in the photos), but once you fluff some on your face and lightly blend it out, you'll barely see any powder at all. The only thing you'll see is: no more skin imperfections. LOL. Here's a "swatch" of it:

Right: Transparent Finishing powder - not blended
Left: Transparent Finishing powder - blended out

From the photo above, you can probably see an area of my skin on the left that looks slightly smoother. Well, that's the powder doing its magic.

Pros:
  1. Soft and sliky powder makes application a breeze. No need for super-blending-effort. Just a light dust of it on your face and you're done.
  2. One shade fits all. The white powder will be totally transparent once it's blended on your face.
  3. Really blurs out any imperfections. The pores on my nose are less noticable, and my face looks flawless, even with just the powder alone.
  4. It's able to reduce shine to a certain extend. I have a feeling that this might be as good as my M.A.C Blot powder when it comes to controlling shine.
Cons:
  1. It's not easy to bring it on-the-road for touch-ups. But that doesn't bother me at all. I can still use my M.A.C Blot pressed powder during the day. So, this isn't really a downside to me.

Overall, I love love love this product. You'll have to go into the store and actually try it on your face to see it for yourself. Seeing is believing. =P If you've always been on the hunt for a good finishing powder, or been wanting the "HD effect" on your skin, this might be it. At least it is for me. =)

Have you tried this out? What do you think about this product?

0 comments:

Post a Comment