Thursday, May 14, 2009

Foundation Questions...

Foundation Questions! Not for me...it's actually for you all. ;) Yup, I am now seeking help from all my wonderful readers.

To be honest, I'm no foundation guru. I actually suck at it. I don't even wear proper foundation to start with. Yeah, with all my posts about makeup, you would think that applying foundation is like second nature to me. Oh no...no no no. I suck. Period. =P

I am now test-running a new foundation from a particular brand (which I shall reveal in due time ;) ), which brings me to ponder about various foundation questions. This foundation that I'm testing, is a liquid foundation. Yes, LIQUID. If you can recall, me mentioning a very long time ago, I don't get along with liquid foundation. So, it's horrifying for me to try and take the leap. But anyhow, I took the leap, and is now still in the testing phase.

So, back to the topic, QUESTIONS! Yes, for you.

What is your favorite/HG foundation? It can be liquid, creme, powder etc.
With reference to your favorite/HG foundation, how do you apply it? Or which method do you find most effective?

Looking forward to your answers! =)

7 comments:

madame b fatale said...

I have been sampling a few different Biotherm Liquid ones and i have to say that they give fantastic coverage, just been applying it with my MAC187. So good so far!

Caramel Geek said...

Oh oh...#187! You've gotta love that brush ;)
Did you use the stipple-only or stipple-then-swirl method?
I'm trying the first one, but just wondering how would the second be.

madame b fatale said...

A bit of both really more stipple than swirl, lol, sounds bizarre. I really am no help am I, sorry!

I do find it helps give better coverage, more even too, than my regular foundation brushes which i really only use to splotch it on before i use the 187, which is probably completely unnecessary and probably wastes more product.

Caramel Geek said...

LOL. That's alright. I should definitely try the stipple then swirl method. ;)

Tine said...

I've tried a few foundations, but the one that works best for me is Clinique's Superfit Makeup. Great for oily skin. I apply it with my fingers. Very effective in giving me that flawless finish :)

Caramel Geek said...

Tine:

I've heard a lot about Superfit as well.
Wonder if it'll be suitable for combination skin or not.
Thanks for the tips!

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

i use mac studio sculpt w/ a stippling brush as well (sonia kashuk) w/ MAC blot powder on top!

Post a Comment