Sunday, June 14, 2009

Review: MAC Style Warriors Collection

Overall, this collection is prefect for summer. It's very bronzy and warm, but with an extra omph in it. I really like this collection. In fact, I like it more than last year's Neo Sci-Fi collection. I think it's because I'm not too found of bright flouroscent orange colored compacts and lipstick tubes. LOL.

Here's a photo of what I got:

Okay, by now, you might be thinking: what's that black, non-Style Warriors lipstick doing there? LOL. Long story short. I fell in love with Brave New Bronze, but the MA would not let me B2M for it. So we found a very close dupe for it from the permanent line, Cherish, and I B2M for that instead. =) I'm on a budget, so, can't afford to spend on a lipstick when I can B2M for one. =P

Anyways, here are some swatches:




And here are some of my thoughts about the products I managed to check out. Those in bold are the ones that came home with me.

Lipstick:
  • Sunsational - Very sheer beige color with gold frosts in it. It's a bit too sheer for me.
  • Brave New Bronze - I love this. It's a nude with a pinkish tinge to it. It's the perfect nude without look dead (for a NC20).
  • Purple Rite - Very pretty medium frosty purple. Very wearable. If you like purple lip color, GET IT!
  • Tribalist - Erm...it's very dark. A dark dark red berry tone.
Eyeshadows:
  • Soft Force - A creamy frosty pale gold. It's a very pale white gold tone. This one is almost identical to Femme Fi. Hence, I skipped it. If you missed out on Femme Fi, definitely get this one.
  • Tempting - Okay, this is a lustre. And you all know how I feel about lustre. But...this is suprisingly smooth for a lustre. It's not veluxe pearl standard though, but it's way better than the normal lustre. This is a goldish-coco, and super similiar to Go! (Starflash 2008). This is a permanent color, so, no need to rush.
  • Bright Future - Ooooo...this is definitely the star of the collection. It's a very yellow color. It's almost like Chrome Yellow, but with a bit of frost and it is super creamy and blendable. I totally love it.
  • Vibrant Grape - This is pretty too. It'a a bright purple. If you like purple, definitely check this out, as it's a PRO color.
  • Night Maneuvers - A deep deep blacken brown with pearls. But after you applied and blend, you can hardly see any pearls at all. It applies a bit chalky. I was dissapointed with the texture, hence, I skipped this too.
Beauty Powder Blush:
  • Eversun - A peachy bronze color. Very natural. It gives me that sun kissed cheeks, like I just came back from the beach. Very pretty. As it's a Beauty Powder Blush, the texture is super smooth and very pigmented. And it doesn't look orange on my at all.
  • On a Mission - This is pure love. It's a mid-tone plum. It looks dark in the pot, but if you apply with a light hand, it gives think really pretty flush on your cheeks. I think this would go with any skin tone. And again, it's a Beauty Powder Blush. So, super smooth application and very good color pay-off.
Bronzing Powder:
  • Solar Riche - A mid-tone orangey brown. It's a bit too orange for me.
  • Refined Golden - Soft golden brown with tiny pearls. I love this! This is my first bronzing powder and it is absolutely lovely. Not too dark, not too glittery. Perfect! (NC 20 here)
I'm really happy with what I got and would totally recommend that everyone go check out Bright Future and On A Mission.

What did you get? Like the collection?

2 comments:

Marjo on makeup frenzy said...

Enjoy all your goodies :)) Eversun is my loove, it is such a great blush, I love it. I wasn't sure about Refined Golden but I guess I'll buy it with SUMO discount too ;)

Caramel Geek said...

Marjo:

Refined Golden is permanent. So if you're not too sure, no need to rush. But, if you're aiming for the packaging, then it's a whole different story. =P

Post a Comment