Friday, June 19, 2009

Review: Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer Light


A water-based, lightweight foundation primer.
Perfect for oily, acne-prone, or sensitive skin, this oil-free, 60% water based primer refreshes on contact while oil absorbers provide a smooth, matte finish all day. Light diffusers minimize the appearance of imperfections while vitamin C and peptides help even skin tone and promote collagen production for a flawless future. -- sephora.com

Smashbox Photo Finish foundation primer is the most talked about primer out there. When someone mentions foundation primer, the first thing that would come to anyone's mind is Smashbox. And all those raves are indeed not baseless. My review today will be on the Light version.

The Smashbox Photo Finish Light foundation primer is a water-based, paraben-free silicone primer. It provides a smooth and even surface for your foundation, making application as easy as pie. =) I don't have much to say about this primer other than, I freaking love it. I'm almost done with my current bottle, and I already asked my sister to bring back a new one from the US. Hehe. That's how much I love it.

Here's some of my thoughts about this amazing product:

Pros:
  1. It comes in a transparent, plastic, airless pump bottle. Which means, you'll get to see how much that's left, light enough for travelling, would not break if you dropped it, and you'll get every last bit of the product out from the bottle due to the airless pump design.
  2. Really makes your face feels smooth and even out any uneven areas. This makes your foundation looks flawless.
  3. Not bad at controlling oiliness. I have oily nose, and it's not bad at tackling it. It would not totally eliminate the oil, but it'll be able to control it. I'd still need to blot my nose area after about 5-6 hours, but I think that's good enough.
  4. Doesn't smell funny, at all.
  5. Doesn't break me out and doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.
  6. Makes foundation last longer.
  7. Doesn't have any glitters or light reflective particles. This might be a downside to some, but I actually prefer my primer to be non reflective. It gives me the flexibility of whether I want to have a dewy or a totally matte look. I can always apply a finish powder with fine glitters to get the dewy look.
Cons:
  1. USD$36 might be a bit too expensive for some. But I think it's worth it.
All in all, I highly recommend this primer. I haven't try the original one yet, but I'm hoping that it'll be just as good. If you have oily or combination skin, then I'd recommend this one. Remember to always moisturize first (and let it set) before applying the primer.

Info source: Sephora.com

2 comments:

Tine said...

Ahh my favourite face primer. Works great on my skin, especially the very oily nose. Pair that with an oil-free foundation, and it's on for an shine-free evening :P

Caramel Geek said...

Tine:

I'm with you on this. =)

Post a Comment