Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What to check out at duty free stores?

Who likes a bargain??? I'm pretty sure everyone does. =D Now, one of the most legit way to get cheaper beauty products is through duty free stores (mostly located in international airports). You can most probably find anything they usually have at department stores: from skincare to makeup to fragrances.

One of the best deals I've found at the duty free store is mascara. Every girl needs a mascara. And I know every single one of us has this particular mascara that we also run back to. LOL. I know I have. There has been numerous incident that I tried to betray my Clinique Lash Power Curling Mascara, and ended up crawling back to it the next week. =P

So, back to the deal. At duty free stores, they always sell mascaras in a set. Not an assorted set, but the same mascara in a set of threes. Almost all the brands has it: Lancome, Dior, Clinique etc. But I don't think they have it in every single type of mascara that brand carries. I suspect it's only for those best sellers only.

Here are some photos of the one that I picked up 3 months ago at Singapore Changi airport:



When I saw this at the airport, I nearly squealed out loud. =P Let me tell you, this is a real bargain. In Malaysia, 1 of this babies cost RM 75. But this box of 3, only cost me approximately RM 171. That's like only RM 57 for each mascara!!! Jackpot! =) Now that's what I call a bargain. There is no way you can get that mascara for anything below RM 70 here.

So, if you have a mascara that you know it's your staple and you'll keep going back to it, then it's definitely worth it to grab a box (or maybe two) of this when you're at a duty free store.


ps. Just in case some of you are wondering, USD to RM exchange rate is approx. USD$1 :: RM 3.50

2 comments:

em said...

I love duty free shopping! the latest batch of MAC duty free stuff looks amazing- the palettes especially!

Caramel Geek said...

em:

Yup! Gotta love duty free shopping =D

Post a Comment