Sunday, July 12, 2009

M.A.C Cherish Lipstick

Ages ago, well...okay...maybe like a month ago, while I was hauling stuff from the Style Warriors collection, I wanted to get Brave New Bronze as well. But unfortunately, they're all sold out (as I've mentioned here). =( Sigh... So, the MA and I found a close dupe from the permanent line: Cherish.

Cherish is very very close to Brave New Bronze IMO. It probably has a bit more brown in it, but definitely wearable. On my NC20 skin, it's a very good nude lipstick. It doesn't look too washed out or make me look like I'm sick. As it's a Satin finish, it's not that moisturizing. So, what I do is, apply a thick coat of lip balm first before I start doing my makeup, let it sit on the lips for a while. And by the time I want to apply the lipstick, just blot off the excess lip balm with a tissue, and then apply Cherish. This way, it'll make my lips really moisturize and to prevent the Satin finish lipstick to dry out my lips.

Here's a photo of it:

And here's a photo of Cherish compared to Modesty Cremesheen:


As you can see from the photo above, Modesty has more pink in it while Cherish has more brown. I love both of them. Moisturizing level wise, Modesty wins. But nude-factor wise, it has to be Cherish.

All in all, I like Cherish, and I'm glad that I got it. =)

Hope all of ya is having a great weekend!

0 comments:

Post a Comment