Saturday, July 25, 2009

M.A.C In Mode Workshop...afterthought

What a super tiring Saturday. I just came back from the M.A.C In Mode workshop, did some shopping, had lunch, and more shopping. LOL. I didn't manage to get photos of the workshop and the setting of the place, as they do not allow cameras. =( Sad... yeah I know, suck.

Overall, the workshop was very informative and really exciting (to me, at least). There are no fancy technique taught, just basic makeup technique and products. Although I didn't get to learn new pro techniques, I was actually happily following along with the instructor (who, by the way, is Malaysia's very own M.A.C Senior Artist Yokoe. =D And she is absolutely adorable). So, it's a good opportunity for me to brush up on my application technique, and learn some contouring methods. Yes, she did teach us how to contour, which was pretty helpful. And other than that, I was pleasantly suprised that I like the feel of Strobe Cream. To be honest, I was never drawn to any of M.A.C's skincare product, other than the makeup remover. So it didn't really every occur to me that I should try Strobe Cream. But today, she highly recommended strobe cream and we get to try it out in the workshop. I was actually happy with the result. =) And my favorite MA even gave me a generous sample of it so that I could try it out more at home.

I have to admit that I was a little bit disappointed by the fact that we didn't get to use full sized brushes. They actually provide use with those LE holiday set brushes. Tsk tsk tsk. I hate those brushes. Urgh. And the fact that they only provide use with Smolder Eye Kohl and not Blacktrack Fluideline or Powerpoints annoyed me. Eye kohls always smudges on me without fail, and there's no exception today. I got dark rings under my eyes after 30 minutes of applying my eyeliner.

Okay okay, enough of me grumbling about teeny weeny insignificant stuff. =P

Did I enjoy the workshop? Yes, all in all, I still enjoy the whole experience.
Would I do it again? Yes, only if I can get someone to go with me. Going alone is not as fun as going with someone.

And lastly, we do get door gifts. =) All of us each get a notepad, pencil, a sleeve for the notepad, a deluxe sample of Strobe Cream and Cleansing Oil in Tranquil.

Here are some pictures of the doorgift:




Enjoy your weekend ahead! =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment