Monday, July 6, 2009

Review: M.A.C Prep + Prime Line Filler

I know, this review is kind of late. I want to really try it out first before writing the review, as this product has a lot of mixed reviews throughout blog-ville. But better late than never. Right? =P

Here's a photo of the MAC Prep + Prime Line Filler beside the regular MAC Prep + Prime Skin primer (to better show the size):



A primer used post-foundation, pre-makeup to camouflage, soften and relax expression lines and wrinkles. Applies as a dense cream: dries to a transparent, smooth, natural matte finish. With ongoing use, clinically proven to help rejuvenate your look. -- maccosmetics.com

This tiny tube of product is suppose to reduce the visibility of lines and wrinkles. It's a white-ish gel that dries down to a transparent finish. It doesn't feeling oily at all. In fact, after it is dried, skin will feel very smooth, almost like a primer. It comes in a tiny tube (15 ML / 0.5 US FL OZ), but it'll last you quite a while. You'll only need a tiny amount of product at a time.

I apply this by patting it on to the lines. One piece of advice: Do not rub. The products will collect together and form little pieces if you start rubbing it. And this is especially important if you choose to apply your concealer on top of it. If you rub the concealer in, the concealer will clump up together with the line filler, and it'll look like you have skin flaking off. Not attractive at all.

Hmm...I'm really frustrated with this product. Usually, I can make up my mind after using a product for one week, on whether I like it or not. But this one is a hard one. I've been having it for more than a month already, and I still can't make up my freaking mind. Part of me really wants to like it (cause it sounds like an awesome product), but part of me is not convinced by what I'm seeing in the mirror.

I mean it works really well at the back of my hand, camouflaging the lines. But on the lines under my eyes, it does nothing at all. Na da. Zero. I was so dissapointed, and kept thinking I must be doing something wrong. So I tried all sorts of application method, still the same result. Sigh. So, eventually, I surrender. I'll just have to accept the harsh truth that this is not working for me.

Here are some pros and cons of the product:

Pros:
  1. Pointy dispensing tip is great at controlling the amount of product you squeeze out.
  2. Dries to a clear finish.
  3. Does not irritate my sensitive skin.
Cons:
  1. Does nothing on my skin. =(

I'm sad to say that I won't be repurchasing this product. So dissapointed.

Have anyone tried this and get good results? Maybe some tips on how to apply it properly?


0 comments:

Post a Comment