Friday, August 21, 2009

Review: Benefit BAD Gal Lash

Another mascara review, you asked? Yes, I'm kind of obsessed with trying new mascaras. =P But this time, I got Benefit BADgal lash as a deluxe sample. So, it's all good.


The hugeeee brush:


And a comparison of the brush to Clinique's Lash Power Curling mascara brush:
Sexy, sultry, pure unadulterated black mascara for full, voluminous lashes. It's
as BAD as you want to be.
-- benefitcosmetics.com

I'd usually stay away from mascaras with gigantic brushes, as they tend to be a little bit more challenging to apply. And that's cause I have short lashes. But I was drawn to Benefit's BadGal lash due to its promise for bad-gal-like lashes (oh yeah...).

As you can see from the comparison photo, the brush is HUGE. Compared to my lovely Clinique Lash Power Curling mascara, it's like a giant and an elf (imagine Hagrid standing beside Dobby). But one thing that's good about the huge-as brush is that it's slightly pointed towards the tip. This makes it easier to use as you can always just use the tip to get those hard-to-reach little lashes.

Pros:
  1. Does not clump. At all! I'm surprised at how smooth and easy the application was. It coats every single lashes individually without clumping all of them up.
  2. Stays on pretty well. In terms of smudging, I've experienced worst. This mascara has very minimal smudging action. Definitely negligible.
Cons:
  1. Bad-gal lash? Where? There's definitely no volume at all. Even my Clinique mascara can do better in terms of volume.
  2. Lengths? Nope. Na-da.
IMHO, this is not one of the best mascaras out there. The fact that it doesn't give any length or volume at all really puts me down. I'm glad that I actually got this as a sample and didn't went out to buy it.

Have anyone else tried this one? What do you think?

2 comments:

renee said...

totally agree. clinique gives more volume! in my review i wrote that basically the mascara left me feeling underwhelmed. :(

Caramel Geek said...

Renee:

Exactly. Was expecting some bad-as lashes. Sigh...

Post a Comment