A truly modern foundation that offers invisible, weightless coverage that looks
like skin, not makeup. This long-wearing formula evens tone, minimizes the
appearance of pores, conceals imperfections, and offers broad spectrum UV
protection. Its hydrating technology leaves skin feeling cushioned, comfortable,
and clean. Ideal for all skin types. -- bobbibrowncosmetics.com
Like I've mentioned before, I've never liked liquid foundation. I find them too cakey and too heavy. Hence, I've been using powder/powder foundation all these while (for maybe like a year). I find that they look more natural compared to liquid foudation and I don't mind buffing them in with my handy MAC #182 brush at all.
However, that all changed when I find that I want a bit more coverage than my MAC Mineralized Loose Foundation can offer. And now, I'm in love with Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation. I first saw this on Bobbi's website a couple of months ago. The claims of "invisible, weightless coverage", "minimize appearance of pores" and "skin-like" immediately caught my attention. This sent me straight to my local Bobbi Brown counter and asked the nice MA to try this on me. At first, she tried #0.5 Warm Porcelain on me and (with a self-satisfied look) claims that it is the right shade for me. It all looked nice and "my-skin" at the counter. But I have a gut feeling that something is off, so I politely asked for a sample to try at home. Sure enough, she was really nice and gave me a generous sample. As soon as I reached back home, I went to my balcony with a mirror, and to my utter horror, it's wayyyyy too pale for me. I looked like a ghost (literally). Thank goodness I asked for a sample instead of purchasing it straight away. So, back to the counter I went (2 weeks after that), and asked for #1 Warm Ivory and #2 Sand on either side of the face. Then took their mirror and walked out from the mall to see how I looked like in natural light. After deliberating for a while, and with the help of the BF, I decided that it's going to be Warm Ivory then. The MA agreed that Warm Ivory is the better choice (it's a different MA then the previous one).
Okay okay, enough of my babbling, back to the review. Here are some of my thoughts of the product.
- Very light weight. This is like one of the most light-weight liquid foundation I've ever tried. I can't even feel that there's any foundation on my face. To me, that's the most important aspect of a liquid foundation.
- Minimise the appearance of pores. Yes it does! =D My face looks flawless, without looking like I have a ton of foundation on.
- Looks very natural on the skin.
- Perfect for my combination skin. It didn't make my dry areas feel dry, and it can somewhat withstand the oiliness on my nose. I only have to blot my nose after like 5 hours.
- It has SPF15. Bonus! =)
- Non streaky. Even though the formula is quite runny, the application is easy and it blends in super well.
- It's a bit pricey. It comes with a US$45 (RM160) pricetag. Yes, that's quite expensive for 30ml of foundation.
Overall, I'm very happy with this foundation. Even though it's slightly more expensive that what I think it should be, I'm happy to pay for it as it gives me the flawless look without feeling heavy. I say that this is worth a try if you're on the hunt for a new foundation. Just remember to ask for samples to try at home first before buying. =)