Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Review: Clinique All About Eyes Rich

Remember my failed attempt with the Origins eye cream? Ever since I finished that one, I've been trying a new eye cream. This time, it's Clinique's All About Eyes Rich. I got a deluxe sample of this (yes, another sample. I love samples. Hehe), and has been using it for the past 3 months. Yes, the sample actually lasted 3 months, and I'm still not done with it yet. Now that's what I call a good deal. LOL. But really, you don't need that much when it comes to eye cream. A little goes a long way.



Moisture-rich eye cream diminishes the look of undereye circles, shadows, fine lines-instantly and over time. De-puffs, calms with botanicals. Helps boost natural collagen production. Strengthens skin's moisture barrier against common irritants. Ophthalmologist Tested. -- clinique.com

Clinique's All About Eyes Rich claims to smooth out fine-lines and erase undereye circles. Sounds good eh? And with their 100% fragrance free and allergy tested practice, there is no need to worry about sensitivity around the eye areas. The cream is off-white and opaque in color, and absorbs nicely into the skin. Don't worry, there'll be no white film left behind. =D

Pros:
  1. No greasy feeling. It doesn't leave a greasy residue.
  2. Absorbs really fast. I'm surprised too. Who would have thought eh? With the word "rich", one might think that it'll be something super thick and super hard to absorb. But not this one.
  3. Moisturizing. After using it for 3 months, I noticed that my undereye area is not as dry as it used to be. The effect is immediate, but over time, it is definitely noticeable.
  4. Doesn't smell funky. Yup, 100% fragrance free doesn't mean bad smelling. =P
Cons:
  1. Doesn't help with the lines at all. Yes, I have fine lines under my eyes, and I'm only 24. Sigh. The price to pay to become a Software Engineer.
  2. No combat skills against dark circles either.
  3. Jar packaging isn't the most hygienic one.

When I received this, I was a bit skeptical. Because it has the word rich in it, I'm imagining that it'll turn out to be a grease pit. But hey, it turned out pretty okay. =) Overall, I'm quite happy with the product. Although it doesn't help with the lines and dark circles, at least it hydrates my eye areas. So, I'm definitely going to continue to find the right eye cream. But until then, I'll have to finish up my tub of All About Eyes Rich.

Anyone tried this before?

5 comments:

em said...

great review! I think the pros and cons idea is so good to include.

3 months?! what a great sample :)

Caramel Geek said...

Em:
Yup, that's quite a sample. I wouldn't have expected it to last that long. =)

Naomi said...

I hate that creams still come in jars; they should be in bottles with pumps. I have the All About Eyes (regular)and while it does fell nice I highly doubt that it's reall doing anything for the dark circles and puffyness that I have.
Btw, you've been tagged. Check out my blog.

Caramel Geek said...

Naomi:
I totally agree with you. I hate beauty products that comes in jars too.

Angela said...

hey girl

ive never used this one but I used the all about eyes
not the rich one
it is really good

and btw im a new follower and love your blog. hopefully you can check out mine too.
http://sparklemidori.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment